[Tutor] 2.7.7 Initial Problem

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 2 23:08:27 CEST 2014

On 02/07/14 16:03, Ted Gillam wrote:
> I got a reply. I did what was suggested with no results. I’m trying
> 2.7.7. I have a 64 bit 3.2 GHz AMD processor with 8gb of memory running
> Windows 7 Home Premium and 587gb of free disk space.

That should be fine.

How are you downloading and installing it?

For windows users I strongly recommend the ActiveState version of Python.

It has a lot of Windows extras and the installer does a more
thorough job of setting paths etc correctly. And its default
IDE is better than the cross platform IDLE.

> OK but when I try to run the GUI a window opens and quickly closes.
> That’s all.

What happens if you start a CMD prompt and type python?
You should get a Python >>> prompt.

If that works then Python is installed and you probably
have path issues.

HTH
--
Alan G