[Tutor] Importing Pygame

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Tue Jan 28 22:15:11 CET 2014

 myles broomes <mylesbroomes at hotmail.co.uk> Wrote in message:

I'm guessing you're attempting to post here in this text newsgroup
 using html. Please use text. It's a pain to quote your message
 when none of it shows.

> And the error I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python32\blankgame.py", line 1, in <module>
    import pygame,sys
ImportError: No module named 'pygame'

When I import pygame using the shell however, it works fine. I am
 using Python 3.2.3 and the Pygame installer I downloaded is
 pygame-1.9.2a0.win32-py3.2.msi.

Please be as specific as possible.  Apparently you're running
 Windows and when you run your Python script from a cmd shell, the
 import works fine, but when you run it some other unspecified
 way, you get the import error.  You could learn a lot by printing
 sys.path, the search path for import.

My guess is that you have two different installs of python, and
 some difference in how you're launching the script is invoking
 the different installations.

While you're investigating,  please move your blankgame script
 somewhere that's NOT in the installation directory.  You'll only
 confuse things when some things happen to sortof
 work.

--
DaveA