[Tutor] How to correct decimal addition.

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 01:24:27 CET 2014

On 01/25/2014 10:38 PM, Keith Winston wrote:
> Also, just to be clear: I'd suggest floats because decimal requires
> importing a module and using the non-built-in features thereof

The issue is not that much whether it's supported by builtins, in software, but
by CPU's; which is not the case, so that all computations are made in
software... there used to be some machines with builtin decimals (internal
representation), maybe there still are some, but certainly not in mainstream
computers.