[Tutor] OverflowError: cannot fit 'long' into an index-sized integer

Keith Winston keithwins at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 23:22:38 CET 2014

In fact, I just used it to solve a number 3 orders of magnitude larger than
600851475143, the number from prob 3. It took 12s. I hardly dare go further
than that... I'm not arguing that there's a big list being built in there...

Oops, I dared. 5 orders of magnitude bigger crashes my machine.

Oops oops, it finished. It says it took 161 seconds, but in fact it sort of
half-crashed my machine for the last 30 minutes...

--
Keith