[Tutor] python problems on android

blechnum at fireflyuk.net blechnum at fireflyuk.net
Sat Jan 4 12:24:59 CET 2014

I havent included the script as it seems to be the use ' input'  on my
phone that now wont work.

At the command line (on my computer)  I can type

h = input(" enter character ")

and when i type a response and enter it, then type h and return, i am
given back the response i put in.

I type j , get 'j' back

Now on my phone i can do the same.

And here is the odd bit
If I type a number in, the response will be the number

type 4, get '4' back

but if i  type in a letter I get an error, the same error as if i had
typed in the response to the command line.

NameError: name '<response to input request>" is not defined

so if my response was G

I get back NameError: name 'G" is not defined

Is there any other (easy) way I can get around this by not using input
for input?
could I use android to pass input to my script?