[Tutor] Function help

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Feb 23 12:06:03 CET 2014

Scott W Dunning <swdunning at cox.net> writes:

> I am VERY new to python (programming too).

Welcome!

You should establish the fundamentals of Python, by working through the
Python tutorial <URL:http://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/>.

Begin at the beginning, and execute all the examples, and experiment
with them to satisfy yourself that you understand what is being
demonstrated; then, move on to the next. Continue until you have a good
grasp of all the basics of Python.

> I had a question regarding functions.  Is there a way to call a
> function multiple times without recalling it over and over.

When you have worked through the tutorial, you will understand how loops
can address problems like this. Enjoy learning the basics of programming!

--
 \     “As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of |
  `\                                       the demand.” —Josh Billings |