[Tutor] sys.path.append import python3 not working

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 15:07:35 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 6:55 AM, Ian D <duxbuz at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The network dictates that it is the only way I can really do it as I cannot
> edit any files directly. I have to append the path on the fly

If you can modify your profile, then I'd expect you can permanently
set PYTHONPATH for the current user. setx.exe will modify the key at
HKCU\environment, e.g.:

    setx PYTHONPATH D:\modules

Verify that it was set:

    reg query HKCU\Environment /v PYTHONPATH

%PYTHONPATH% should exist the next time you logon. No guarantees, but
it's at least worth trying.

As to mixed-case module names, that's a pain to be avoided. The
Windows file API is case insensitive, but NTFS is case preserving.
Python uses this to do its own case-sensitive import.