[Tutor] Rsync script hangs after a while

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 4 11:37:13 CET 2014

On 04/02/14 09:10, Dayo wrote:

> I wrote this script (http://bpaste.net/show/175284/)  to help me
> automate some rsync backups, and whenever I run the script for large
> syncs, it just freezes after a while, and then I have to Ctrl+C it.

You have quite a few prints in there so you should have some idea what
it was doing when it freezes?

If not add a few debug prints to show entry/exit of the functions, that
should narrow it down a bit.

The most likely places for a freeze are loops and calls to external
programs so again wrap your loops and subprocess calls up with debug
prints to see if you can identify which one causes the freeze.

hth
--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site