[Tutor] most useful ide

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 18:26:49 CET 2014

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 3:25 AM, Ian D <duxbuz at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any recommendations for python ide's

Since you mentionned windows and lightweight and autocompletion, i'd take a
look at ninja-ide (http://ninja-ide.org/). It is relatively lightweight. In
my case, I use pycharm for larger projects (vcs integration etc), scribes
for a graphical editor for one off scripts, vim and bpython (very nice for
exploring - autocompletion and autodoc) from the command line, brython
console in the web browser and ipython notebook for matlab type "coding"
(exploration). Another suggestion would be sublimetext. It is a text
editor, but it can handle multiple tabs and it has a folder browser. You
can also run the code (ctrl-b) etc. I've used it, but not in the past 6
months. And you might also want to look at pythonxy, canopy and anaconda
for a simpler install experience under windows.

Francois
---
www.pyptug.org  -  raspberry-python.blogspot.com  -  @f_dion