[Tutor] Code runs in interpreter but won't output to stdout

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 11:05:38 CET 2014

Hi Bob,

On 31 January 2014 21:59, bob gailer <bgailer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/29/2014 8:59 PM, scurvy scott wrote:
> I signed up at Dogehouse. What the heck is it? There is no explanation as to
> what it does or what I'd do with it!

I don't know if you're familiar with BitCoin and the concept of the
"pooled mining", but Dogehouse appears to be a bitcoin mining pool.
Basically instead of mining for bitcoins directly alone by yourself,
you pool your mining efforts with a pool of others and then share the
return with the pool: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Pooled_mining
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Why_pooled_mining

Also, I'm not entirely sure if you were being facetious with your
"import requests" comment -- I suspect you were and if so I should not
be commenting on that ;) (and in thaat case please ignore this entire
paragraph), but in case not -- it's a third party module for doing web
interaction that's actually been mentioned a couple of times on this
list: http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/

Scurvy Scott: There's nothing really special about printing stuff, so
there's something you're not telling us or that you're not aware of
that's causing your program to behave differently between running it
"in the interpreter" and otherwise (from the command line,
presumably.)  Do you for example have multiple versions of Python
installed?  Are you sure for example you're using the same version of
Python interpreter? (print syntax changed between Python 2.x and 3.x.)
 How are you running it from the command line exactly?

Best regards,

Walter