[Tutor] Problem

salisme salisme salismesalisme at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 26 17:16:17 CET 2014

Hello
I am having a big problem trying to open a url that I have created by concatenating a raw_input on to an already existing url.
When I copy and paste the url in to the search bar it works fine but when I try to open it using urllib.request.urlopen(url) it givesme a 505 HTTP error.
>From reading on the web I think the problem is the url I am using is not the full url, how do I get this full url from what I have, I tried to use geturl() but it wouldn't let me import it?
Please help!
import reimport urllibfrom urllib.request import urlparsefrom urllib.request import urlopenfrom urllib.request import urlretrievefrom bs4 import BeautifulSoup as bs
choice = input("Choose artist and album name in following format : Artist 'x' album 'y'")
baseurl = "http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Records-/176985/i.html?_nkw=" + choice + '&_pgn=1'
then I get an error from the following:
urllib.request.urlopen(baseurl)