[Tutor] Need help!

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Dec 13 04:25:46 CET 2014

On 12Dec2014 07:46, Jagannath Ramanan <jagannath.ramanan at gmail.com> wrote:
>My name is jag. I need little bit of help understanding something. I have a
>vncserver running at the background in redhat. My client is lubuntu where
>im using python.
>
>For some reason the communication is only possible between them is to send
>custom TCP/IP messages. Im not a hardcore developers. I can do scripts and
>i have used gtk python for front ends etc.
>
>*The TCP /IP message length is:*
>
>TCP/IP: 37 bytes of message + 16 bytes of header = 53 bytes Raw Serial: 37
>bytes message + 16 bytes of header + 2 bytes of trailer = 55 bytes
>I have no idea how i would code something like that in python to make it
>talk to the server.

I think you need to supply some more detail. The above looks like small snippet
from a much larger document. It sounds to me like that is from a summary of
some protocol which is slightly different over TCP from over a serial line.

When you say "the communication is only possible between them is to send custom
TCP/IP messages", what kind of communication to you have in mind? Normally a
VNC service on your redhat box is simply a way of presenting a virtual display
for remote interaction. It would be unusual for that to be your only choice
unless you have a specific task in mind.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Sometimes the only solution is to find a new problem.