[Tutor] Does the user need to install Python, when we deploy our c++ products using python?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Dec 3 12:30:05 CET 2014

On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 01:28:36PM -0700, gordon zhang wrote:
> I downloaded python 3.4.2 for c++ and create a vc++ project using python,
> but I have no idea what python dlls and other stuff needed to deploy the
> products.
>
> I know if we put Python34.dll and Python.dll in the folder of executable,
> it is not enough. What else do we need to put in the folder of
> executable?(the application does not run)

I'm afraid I have very little idea what "python 3.4.2 for c++" is, or
what a "vc++ project using python" means. Do you mean Microsoft Visual
C++?

Where did you download this from? How do you use it in C++? C++ and
Python are two very different languages. Normally people just use Python
alone, or C++ alone.

This mailing list is for beginners wanting to learn Python, and we may
not have the experience needed to answer advanced questions like
building C++ applications with embedded Python. For that, I recommend
you ask on the comp.lang.python newsgroup, or on the forums of whatever
embedded python software you are using.

--
Steven