[Tutor] PySide 1.2.2 and Python 3 - "native Qt signal is not callable"

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 30 22:17:39 CEST 2014

On 30/08/14 14:19, Juan Christian wrote:
> Hello everyone, I have a question regarding PySide 1.2.2 and Python 3.4.1

The tutor list is for people learning Python language and the standard
library so Side is really a bit off topic. There are some Qt users here
though so you may get a reply, but the most likely bet is the Side or Qt
forums.

> bit different because the tutorial is a bit old, and I'm trying to use
> Python newest features .
>
> As I read in the doc, PySide Signal and Slots now work differently, and
> I'm trying to use this new way (lines 32 - 34).

I assume that means that you've checked that Side works with 3.4?

Its always risky using the latest version of a language with
third party libraries since support is likely to be less robust
than for ones that have been out for a while and had the bugs
fixed. [That's why many professionals and corporates stick to
using the current version -1 (or even -2!)...]

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site