[Tutor] Python 3.4.1 question for Mac users

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 18:39:49 CEST 2014

Sorry for the errorneous quote-only response, gmail managed to send it
without me typing a thing.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Richard Dillon <dillonrw at comcast.net> wrote:
>     infile = open(r'\OS\Users\richarddillon\Desktop\my_file','r')

On the Mac, you don’t need to specify a drive there; the main drive is just /.

Also, the path separator is a forward slash (/).  This also lets you
remove the r in front of the string, which is needed for backslashes
unless you escape them.  The corrected code is:

infile = open('/Users/richarddillon/Desktop/my_file', 'r')

--
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <http://chriswarrick.com/>
PGP: 5EAAEA16