[Tutor] Quick question for Tutor admin.

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Aug 29 00:51:32 CEST 2014

On 28Aug2014 18:25, Crush <crushed26 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Am I allowed to attach screen shots to my emails?

I am not the list admin, but generally no.

Please insert plain text into your posts. Many lists strip attachments, and
many people on technical lists are (deliberately) working in a purely text
environment.

If your screenshot is inherently graphical, publish it elsewhere (eg save it to
Dropbox and get a "public link") and mention the link in your post, with some
textual description.

But for text, we like it inline in the message itself.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

in rec.moto, jsh wrote:
> Dan Nitschke wrote:
> > Ged Martin wrote:
> > > On Sat, 17 May 1997 16:53:33 +0000, Dan Nitschke scribbled:
> > > Yeah, yeah, that's what you're saying in _public_....
> > Feh. You know nothing of my dreams. I dream entirely in text (New Century
> > Schoolbook bold oblique 14 point), and never in color. I once dreamed I
> > was walking down a flowchart of my own code, and a waterfall of semicolons
> > was chasing me. (I hid behind a global variable until they went by.)
> You write code in a proportional serif? No wonder you got extra
> semicolons falling all over the place.
No, I *dream* about writing code in a proportional serif font.
It's much more exciting than my real life.
/* dan: THE Anti-Ged -- Ignorant Yank (tm) #1, none-%er #7 */
Dan Nitschke  peDANtic at best.com  nitschke at redbrick.com