[Tutor] debug and execute python code in Mac

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 28 01:31:08 CEST 2014

On 27/08/14 13:47, Patrick Thunstrom wrote:

>> I do not like the cmd/terminal execution. Thanks !
>
> I don't know many ways to debug code that don't involve the terminal
> in some fashion. Even with a good IDE you're going to have a terminal
> built in for output.

Not necessarily. A text display widget within a GUI is very different
from a text based terminal. Many graphical debuggers display data
structures in a hierarchical model where you can expand/close the
various levels etc.

But I think the OP is specifically wanting to avoid command prompts. The
question is: Does he mean all prompts (including
Python's) or just the OS prompt? If its all prompts then it gets
much harder to find an IDE that will suit.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site