[Tutor] (no subject)

diliup gabadamudalige diliupg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 08:23:28 CEST 2014

Hi all!

Is there any way I can bundle all my graphics only using Python and Pygame
so that the user may not be able to read them out of the program?
Let us assume that the user does NOT know Python and will not go looking
for people who knows Python to crack the files. In other words an average
user.

1.
I have tried the Zip file method by making a Zip file with Win Rar or
Winzip and password lock the file. But the unpacking is WAY TOO SLOW!

with ZipFile('stuff.zip') as zf:
    zf.extract("image.jpg", pwd="123456")

2.
I have used the repr command and written the code to a py file but again
the unpacking is WAY TOO SLOW.

with open(name4pypath,"wb") as outfile:
    outfile.write(name4pyfile + "=" + repr(str1))

3.
The best out of the lot has been the one using base64

str1 = base64.b64encode(from_disk.read())
with open(code_to_dir, "ab+") as to_disk:
    to_disk.write(str1)

Can anyone show me a better way?

Thanks in advance

--