[Tutor] Learning

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sat Apr 26 00:26:36 CEST 2014

Leo Nardo <waterfallroad at gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> I want to program. I enjoy programming and am willing to put in time
> to do this.When I try to get started with programming I realize how
> difficult it is to find the information worthy of learning.

>  I would like to write the
> program in python, and I do not need a graphical interface. There is
> something called a tibia api and I am not sure if its relevant. Tibia
> is written in c++. Thanks :)

I spent a while hunting through tibia.com,  and saw no reference
 to the api.  Perhaps it is only available to members,  and I have
 no interest in joining.

I think you need to go find the spec, perhaps starting by asking
 on the forum at tibia.com.

I found a link that shows promise,  but I see no indication that
 it is sponsored or even condoned by tibia.com (cipsoft).

       https://code.google.com/p/tibiaapi/

Also note that the changelog hasn't been updated for 4 years.
 Perhaps it doesn’t even work for more recent versions of
 tibia.

--
DaveA