[Tutor] which book to read next??

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Mon Apr 21 21:37:50 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-21 07:13, lee wrote:
> Hi, I have read the book 'a byte of python' and now I want to read
> another book. But I just get confused about which one to read next.
> There is a book list below:
> 1, pro python
> 2, python algorithms
> 3, python cookbook
> 4, the python standard library by examples
> which one is suitable for me??
> Or I need to start a project with pygame or flask?
> Thanks for your help!

If you aren't already a programmer, I would strongly recommend Downey's
book:
http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkpython.html
It covers Python v2 but I found it fairly easy to transition to Python
v3.
The book I currently keep close at hand as a reference is
Programming in Python 3 by Mark Summerfield (2nd Ed) but I would not
recommend it as an introductory book about Python.