[Tutor] Python & algorithms (Lang line simplification algorithm)

Laura Kauria lacation at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 17:30:03 CEST 2014

Thanks a lot for all the help! I got the courage to start at least..

I started by converting the pseudocode I had to python.

Still I have problems with perpendicular distance and creating a line with
python.
I need to create a line between two points and then check what is the
distance between a line and intermediate points which were between lines
start and end point. If someone could help me with this? I could not
understand can I do this without math library or not?

I'm a geographer student so all possible library suggestions concerning
spatial data is also appreciated.

Laura