[Tutor] Fwd: masking library files

ugajin at talktalk.net ugajin at talktalk.net
Thu Apr 10 14:17:07 CEST 2014

 But I must remember to cc tutor at python.org when replying to you.

-----Original Message-----
From: ugajin at talktalk.net
To: alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sent: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:15
Subject: Re: [Tutor] masking library files

It is off, and I don't appear have an option to turn it on in plain text. I have this option, but but only in rich text/html, and as you see it top posts, which I quite like.

Yes, but delete all the junk such as extraneous headers/footers as
I did above. It does actually make the conversation much easier to follow than top posting.

I appreciate many modern mail tools do top posting as default
(thanks Microsoft! :-(  ) but for conversations its much easier
to use inline comments.

For a good, fairly short, balanced, explanation of how it helps,
see this:

It helps if you have quoting turned on in your mail tool too - yours doesn't seem to be using quotes at present (Quoting means the >>>
bits in the message above - the number of > characters tells you how far back in the conversation it was)

-- Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site
http://www.alan-g.me.uk/