[Tutor] Python Help

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 9 23:06:39 CEST 2014

On 09/04/14 20:59, Adam Grierson wrote:

> I'm using 3D climate data (ending in “.nc”). The cube contains time,
> longitude and latitude. I would like to look at the average output over
> the last 20 years. The time field spans back hundreds of years and I
> only know how to collapse the entire field into a mean value. How can I
> tell python to collapse just the last 20 years into a mean value?

This group is for teaching the fundamentals of the Python language and
its standard library. You probably can solve this using standard Python
but I suspect there will be more specific libraries around that you can
install that will help with this problem. Those libraries will likely be
a better place to ask.

That having been said, if you want a pure Puython solution we can try to
help, but we need a lot more detail about what the data looks like and
what exactly you expect out. Your description is a bit vague and while I
might be able to find out what you mean by Googling a bit, I'm not that
keen to spend my time that way. The more you help us the more we can
help you...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site