[Tutor] One on one tutor

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 5 19:00:12 CEST 2014

On 05/04/14 00:49, Keith Adu wrote:

> Hi my name is Keith,

Hi Keith.

> am a beginner with no experience in python or computer science.

That's fine, about half of the people on the tutor list are beginners of
one kind or another. I'd guess maybe 15% at any one time are complete
beginners like yourself. So join the crowd.

> Am looking for someone to work with me one on one,

But we don't do that. This is a list where everyone learns from everyone
else. Sometimes it's best to get an answer from an expert.
Sometimes a fellow beginner can understand what you need better.
Sometimes another beginner has the same issue as you but didn't ask...
And sometimes it's better to get 5 answers to the same question, each
presenting a different slant, than a single answer you only half understand.

> I have many question that I need answered, my question are basic
> as of the moment because am starting, I don't want to send an email
> to everyone about my questions because I feel it will be a waste
> of their time.

Basic questions are what we are here for. In fact if you ask a
very advanced question we will most likely tell you to go elsewhere!

This list is for people like you.
Jump in and join the fun.

Just be sure to tell us:

1) Your Python version and OS version
2) Your tutorial/book if you are following one
3) And always post full error messages. They may not look like
    much to you (yet) but they mean a lot to us! :-)
4) Be as specific as possible about what you need to know.
    One of the key features of programming is attention to detail.

It will also help if you can post in plain text rather than HTML.
And don't top-post (insert your comments after the text you are replying
to, as I did above). Some folks here get a bit tetchy
about such things ;-)

HTH
--
Alan G