[Tutor] ImportError: No module named '_sysconfigdata_m'

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 24 18:23:27 CEST 2013

On 24/09/13 14:20, Albert-Jan Roskam wrote:

>> "python", python 2.7 fires up. Also, I entirely removed python 3.2
>> (sudo rm -rf $(which python3.2), IIRC), which came with Linux Mint.

That's almost never the right way to remove a package that came with the OS.

You should have used the package manager or Synaptic. That would have
cleaned up any links and aliases that had been set.

The good news is that I don't believe Python3.2 is used by Mint its just
there for convenience (I think!). Reinstalling and then uninstalling 3.2
via Synaptic may help.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site