[Tutor] Python Programming Help

Chris Down chris at chrisdown.name
Wed Sep 11 11:14:21 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-10 21:01, Katie wrote:
> In my NotePad file, I have the following...I'm not sure if I am even going
> about doing this problem correctly...

I don't envy you having to use notepad. Consider using a more sane editor...
you'll thank yourself for it.

> def sinh(x):
>     return (1/2)*(e^x - e^(-x))
> def exp(x):
>     return e**x
>
> I am stuck, and don't know where to go from here. I would appreciate help please.

You'd have done well to present the problem you're having, but you should know
that ^ is XOR (as it is in most programming languages), you probably want **
(and space out your function definitions -- PEP8 says to use two blank lines
between functions).