[Tutor] OT: Coffeescript and Python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 6 12:47:58 CEST 2013

This is somewhat off topic so replies offlist may be appropriate.

I've just come across coffeescript(*) and started playing with it.
It seems to share a lot with Python and as such seems like a good
replacement for Javascript in client side web code. I'm wondering if
anyone here has used coffeescript with any of the Python web frameworks?
Specifically any of Turbogears, Django or Pylons?

(*)For any similarly afflicted souls, coffeescript is a language that
compiles into pure (portable) javascript so it has no dependency issues
with webservers or browsers but is easier to read/write. At least,
that's the theory, I'm too early into it to be sure it works as
advertised, but it looks promising.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site