[Tutor] Python for SPSS help

Elise Rosa rosaelise47 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 20:21:18 CEST 2013

Hello!

I'm using Python in SPSS to rename and arrange some files. The setup is
this: I have many .txt files in a folder, and I'd like to first remove part
of their names. Next, I need to paste the second and third columns from
each .txt file into another document (could be an excel sheet), and match
them all by the first column in each .txt file (subject number). I also
need to rename the second and third columns when they are going into the
excel file with the name of the .txt file they came from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!