[Tutor] Allocation of serial ports

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 29 04:35:49 CET 2013

Thank you for reading this.

This question is not specifically related to Python, however, someone
may be able to point me in the right direction. The operating system in
use is Linux.

I have a twin USB to serial adaptor that gives me ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1
and my programme uses both of those ports. The problem is the random
allocation of the ports. Port A, for example, could be either ttyUSB0 or
ttyUSB1.

So, how can I ensure that port A is always ttyUSB0 or how can I adapt my
programme so that the address of the port is known to the programme?

--
Regards,
Phil