[Tutor] Issue w/ string input "for", "not", "while", "else" etc.

ALAN GAULD alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 26 17:53:37 CET 2013

Please always use ReplyAll to include the list.

> thanks - that's weird. I am using Python 3.3.0 and changed input() to
>raw_input() but I get an error message now:
>
>NameError: name 'raw_input' is not defined

OK, That's what you'd expect in 3.3 because raw_input is now input().

But in that case input() should not do anything with your input.

Can you post a session showing the input and the odd behaviour?

Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site
http://www.alan-g.me.uk/