[Tutor] making a string

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Sun May 26 23:40:24 CEST 2013

On 26 May 2013 02:51, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Basically no.  Python 2.7 is guaranteed to be backward compatible with
> Python 2.6.  New or improved functionality will be listed in the "What's New
> for Python 2.7".  In fact if you look at the "What's New for Python 3.3"
> you'll find all of the "What's New" going back to Python 2.0.  See this
> http://docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/index.html.

That's a relief. I started with Py 3.3, realized a lot of stuff wasn't
there for it yet, regressed to 2.7, but still write "input" instead of
"raw_input" now and then, producing an error I think is mine until I
see what I did ;')  "raw_input" is such an awkwardness for a very
common use, that I'm surprised it was there in the first place.

Incidentally, I was figuring how to use compile for multi line
statements since the example I saw was a single line, compiled a small
multi-line routine nicely, and realized I had just compiled a  bad
syntax error. I was trying to iterate an integer.

Good to know that compile doesn't check syntax, since I erroneously
thought it did.

--
Jim Mooney

There are those who see.