[Tutor] Presenting text in different ways by using quotes!

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Thu May 23 20:27:23 CEST 2013

On 05/23/2013 01:31 PM, Andrew Triplett wrote:
> I am asked to present text in different ways by using quotes in strings. for example:
>
> print("Program "Game Over" 2.0")

syntax error.  If you need quotes inside quotes, you probably want to
use single-quotes for one type.  For example,

print('Program "Game Over" 2.0')

> print("same", "message", "as before")
>
> print("just",
>
>          "a bit",
>
>          "bigger")
>
> print("Here", end=" ")
> print("it is...")
>
> print(
>
>            """
>

>      """
> )
>
> I can't however seem to input

I suppose you mean "output"

> the text GAME OVER in giant text as it says in the book. Any help for this would be appreciated.

How does the book suggest you get text to be "giant" ?  If you write a
console app, you're out of luck.  And I doubt if you're learning to
program a GUI quite yet.

--
DaveA