[Tutor] installing old versions of python on Mac OS X

Robert R rohitha_h at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 23 18:58:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have Mac OS X 10.7.5 and would like to install < = python 2.3 on it.

I need it as one of the s/w I would like to try is based on an older version and does not seem to work with the new ones.
I am not sure if the s/w is wrong (doesn't seem like it) or is it really the python version that is messing it up.

I tried 2.4 (using mac ports) but thats not it so I want to go further back but I cannot do it with fink or mac ports.

Any other suggestions ? I tried to install using a tar file but that gave errors.
I am sorry for the dumb question. Thank you for the help