[Tutor] model methods in Django

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Sun May 19 15:55:48 CEST 2013

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 7:20 AM, Matthew Ngaha <chigga101 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks that does clear it up. Also thats a huge script you linked, can

options.py is the biggest module in the admin package. The link I
posted is to the get_actions method of ModelAdmin. In the tutorial,
PollAdmin extends this class.

> i ask which framework you're coming from, and why you have decided to
> try out django? When i asked around, people's opinions of it weren't
> good and i was recommended to try flask but as i only use Python 3, i
> won't be able to use Flask.

I'm not coming from any framework. My knowledge of web development is
scattered from bits learned here and there, out of curiosity rather
than necessity. With Python 3 you're a bit limited, but you still have
options. Obviously there's Django -- arguably the most popular,
batteries-included framework. Pyramid is a leaner alternative. Bottle
and CherryPy (also a WSGI server) are micro frameworks. There's also
Tornado if you want an asynchronous framework based on callbacks and
coroutines.