[Tutor] why is unichr(sys.maxunicode) blank?

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Sat May 18 05:08:22 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Albert-Jan Roskam <fomcl at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was curious what the "high" four-byte ut8 unicode characters look like.
> Why does the snippet below not print anything (well, it will eventually, I
> think, but at that point I have lost my patience already).

The following site lists Unicode characters by block and category,
shown either with fonts or with images. It also lists fonts that
support particular blocks.

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode

Plane 15 (0x0F0000-0xFFFFD) is private use area A, and plane 16
(0x100000-0x10FFFD) is private use area B. There's also a private use
area in the BMP at 0xE000-0xF8FF. The latter has been used for
fictional languages such as Klingon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_Use_%28Unicode%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ConScript_Unicode_Registry