[Tutor] Web forms was: Re: (no subject)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu May 16 13:49:45 CEST 2013

Please use a meaningful subject when posting it makes it easier to find
things in the archives and identify related posts.

On 10/05/13 21:44, Krish Nagpal wrote:
> I have a quick question based on python 2.7. Do you know how to write a
> web server with a form.

I have no idea what you mean.
A web server reacts to http requests and responds with HTML.
HTML defines how to create forms. You just need to output the
appropriate HTML text and your user will see a form.

> When the webserver gets a GET request,
> I need to serve the HTML document with a form. In response to a POST, i
> want to write the resulting data to a form.

How do you distinguish between serving the form and writing data
to the form? I don't understand the difference? Do you mean you want the
same form but in some cases populated with data and in others blank?

> Do you know how to do this. Can you please help me quickly.

The clearer you express the problem the quicker you will get an answer.

HTH
--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site