[Tutor] env var packages

Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 21:54:00 CEST 2013

i have to install django and ive come across some weird instructions.
it says to set Django's  django-admin.py file to my environment
variable. I was instructed to get django via easy installer that was
located in my Python/Scripts folder. it installed django to a
different place in site-packages, where django-admin.py resides.But
now its telling me to add this file to my env variable and it should
also be located in Python/Scripts .. but as i've said, its clearly not
there, it is somewhere in a site-packages/django sub folder. so is
this an error? or do i go ahead and add Python/Scripts to the env
variable, even those the file points somewhere else?

My 2nd problem is it says after adding it i will get a python
interpreter and Django's djando-admin.py commad up and running. What
does this mean? both files open? it was specific about adding the path
to the env variable, but if i already have python added, why do i need
to add django? shouldnt it already be added? i will quote:

"You should make sure "djando-admin.py" is in your PATH environment
variable so that it can be executed from the command-line (unless you
like calling interpreters by using full pathnames)"

does this mean in a terminal, that i can be in
"Python/myproject/script_one/" and be able to open a .py file in
"Python/myproject/script_two/" by simpling typing its file name
without having to cd into its directory or typing its full path?