[Tutor] Pi xels

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu May 9 23:05:13 CEST 2013

On 09/05/13 15:36, Stafford Baines wrote:
> Is there a way of controlling pixels on a graphics screen?
 > I want to be able to draw lines and curves.
 > Is this possible with with Python?

Yes, there are lots of options.

Any GUI library will have a canvas object upon which you can draw
primitive graphics like lines and curves. This includes the Tkinter
library that comes with Python.

There are also graphing/plotting libraries if that's what you
want to produce.

There are games libraries if you want to play games.

There are also interfaces to standard graphics tools
like OpenGL too.

There is PIL for manipulating graphics produced in other tools

And also you can use third party tools like ImageMagick

It all depends on how sophisticated you want to be and
what your performance constraints are.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site