[Tutor] (no subject)

Robert Sjoblom robert.sjoblom at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 01:45:25 CET 2013

On 25 March 2013 01:13, Mandi Seger <msegerrn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, everyone,
>
> I am looking for suggestions on a beginner's book for learning Python. I
> have a nursing background with basic science and math education. I have no
> programming experience in any computer language.

Head First Python or Head First Programming should fit the bill nicely
-- both books deal with Python, but in slightly different approaches.
Head First Python is much more focused on web applications and mobile
devices, where Head First Programming is more focused on building
Graphical interfaces (although simplified greatly). I would recommend
Head First Python over Programming, because Programming leaves out
classes (for one), and your stated background makes it sound like
you'll have more use, overall, from Head First Python. There are other
books out there, obviously, but Head First Python is the best one I've
come across.

--
best regards,
Robert S.