[Tutor] func-question_y_n.py

Mitya Sirenef msirenef at lightbird.net
Sat Mar 16 01:30:26 CET 2013

On 03/15/2013 05:47 PM, Christopher Emery wrote:
> Hi Mitya,
 >
 > Thank for your example of code, however at this time its well over my
 > head and I think its best if I slowly work on a function that provided
 > only what I need and then add to it IF it works into it. Yours
 > appears to do a whole lot more then process a Yes/No from a question
 > and re-ask the question if the user does not provide a yes or no.
 >
 > I will save your code for future use as I understand it more (smile)

Ok, sorry if it was too much.. in short, the advantage is that it can
accept yes/no but you can also specify any other pattern, e.g. to accept
a number or a string that's not shorter or longer than specified, or
accept a blank response; it uses regular expressions to match pattern:

http://docs.python.org/3.3/library/re.html

  -m