[Tutor] Need a mentor, Any help would be great

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 3 09:29:23 CET 2013

On 03/03/13 01:48, bessenkphilip wrote:

>   Thanks for the "Welcome". I'm now working as a System admin in Linux
> I've got 2 to 3 hrs a day to learn python.

In that case I'd start with the official tutorial on python.org.
Its targeted at people with a little bit of programming experience
moving to Python.

It's also fairly *nix biased and relevant for sys admin type tasks.

> The system i'm working is Ubuntu 11.04 and the python version is Python
> 2.7.1+

OK, that's a good solid platform. Once you have done the tutorial try
automating some of the tasks you don on a regular basis as a first project.

Once comfortable go to SourceForge and find something in Python you can
contribute too. Testing and Bug fixing is often a good place to start.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site