[Tutor] confusing installation

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 1 20:06:17 CET 2013

On 01/03/13 16:05, Lolo Lolo wrote:
>  > This should be
> relevant: http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles/command_line.shtml
> in searching for command line tutorials i also came across Powershell
> and noticed commands that work in one don't work in the other. Would you
> recommend Powershell over CMD?

Powershell is much more powerful than CMD and offers a full programming
language of its own. But mostly I find its used by sysadmin types rather
than normal users. CMD is fine for most things and is all I use when
working on windows PCs. If you read the CMD help file there are some
registry hacks you can do to make it more powerful and user friendly.
(Almost as good as bash on Unix)

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site