[Tutor] unwanted 'zero' ending

ALAN GAULD alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 27 10:14:05 CEST 2013

> Since the program has an error And needs simplification (no doubt
> interdependent), but it would be hard to do both at once, this brings
> up a good general question: Is it best, in such cases, to correct the
> error, then simplify, or simplify, then correct the error?

In general I'd simplify first since that will help me see the wood
from the trees and help me find the error. Indeed simplifying the
code may remove the error...

But once simplified - including writing helper functions - you can
then test each subfunction independently without having to test the
whole program in one go. That alone makes it easier to find the error.

Alan g.