[Tutor] Writing logfile data to a user opened file

Matt D md123 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jun 22 03:42:53 CEST 2013

> You should really switch to the "with open() as f:" idiom I keep showing
> you. This will automatically close the file for you.

it just occured to me to do this:

 def openFile(self, evt):
        with wx.FileDialog(self, "Choose a file", os.getcwd(), "",
                            "*.txt*", wx.OPEN) as dlg:
            if dlg.ShowModal() == wx.ID_OK:
                path = dlg.GetPath()
                mypath = os.path.basename(path)
                with open(mypath, "a") as f:
                f.writelines(self.log_array)

so thats how i used what you said, "with open() as f:".  is this the
right way to open the file?