[Tutor] Best Code testing practice?

Matt D md123 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Jun 20 13:43:30 CEST 2013

Hey guys!
Is there a fast way test some piece of code?  I would like to be able to
look at the GUI I am making with out changing the file in dir 'baz' and
running the actual program (which is quite extensive).  Like if I could
just have a .py file with only the smallest amount of code possible to
make the GUI run, and I could run the .py file from the interpreter to
make the GUI run, this would be beautiful.  This allow me to
easily/quickly experiment with code and test my code.  Do we need an IDE
for this sort of thing or can we just use the interpreter?  OMG i was up
till 3am trying to find some way to do this.
Thanks!
--
Matt D