[Tutor] Is there a programmatic use for keys() and values()

Roel Schroeven roel at roelschroeven.net
Sun Jun 16 10:43:16 CEST 2013

Jim Mooney schreef:
> On 15 June 2013 14:55, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> I think your making it harder than it is.
>> Just use the result as you would expect and it will work.
>
> I just meant that since I'm learning I'll create a dictionary on the
> fly to try something out. All goes well except my IDE will type two
> quotes if I type one, then center the cursor in between. the same for
> braces, brackets, etc. It's a great convenience. But in a dictionary
> I'll get to here:
>
> {'alpha':'beta'
>
> Only my cursor is to the Left of the final quote. Then I have to go
> hunt the Right Arrow or End key, which is a big pain since I'm far
> from a perfect touch typist and they're both far from the home keys.

Can't you disable that behavior somewhere in the settings of your IDE? I
know IDEs do that to be helpful, but I don't like it and so far I've
been able to disable it in all IDEs I've used.

--
"People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of
proof but on the basis of what they find attractive."

roel at roelschroeven.net