[Tutor] selenium programs stopped working

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 10:27:31 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 4 June 2013 02:27, Benjamin Fishbein <bfishbein79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> WebDriverException: Message: "Can't load the profile. Profile Dir:
> /var/folders/vm/8th3csp91qb47xbhqhb4gcmh0000gn/T/tmpPeqacA Firefox output:
> *** LOG addons.xpi: startup\n*** LOG addons.xpi: Skipping unavailable
> install location app-system-share\n*** LOG addons.xpi: checkForChanges\n***
> LOG addons.xpi: No changes found\n"

That there is your problem.  There's several instances of this problem on
the net if you google e.g. "Can't load the profile. Profile Dir:
/var/folders" as a search string.

The gist of it seems to me to be usually a firefox/selenium version
mismatch of some sort.  Has firefox been updated recently?  Have you
checked if there's any updates available for selenium?

See for example:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/splinter-users/MAP8yyVhqic

Walter