[Tutor] I think I found what I'm looking for.

Michael Sparks michaelsparks37 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 01:32:34 CEST 2013

speech.py is a Python module that provides a clean interface to Windows's
voice recognition and text-to-speech capabilities. But it requires Windows
XP or Vista, and Python 2.4 or 2.5. I use Windows 7.

another one I found; Dragonfly  is a speech recognition framework. It is a
Python package which offers a high-level object model and allows its users
to easily write scripts, macros, and programs which use speech recognition.

I think that I'm satisfied with speech.py but it might not work on Windows
7. I'm very interested in Dragonfly but I don't think that I've ever used a
framework or even know what a framework is.

before you answer my question. I'm going to sourceforge to see if there is
any speech recognition software out there. I'm in a coffee shop right now
and I seem to have no internet access at home, the sober/recovery house,
and I'm not sure if this computer will allow me to download software onto
my pen drive.