[Tutor] New to programing and the tutoring system

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Thu Jul 18 20:00:31 CEST 2013

Samuel Kroger wrote:

> Hello I am very very new to programing entirely, I have this book I am
> following, and I made a word jumbling game, it chooses a word from random
> from a turple I made, then scrambles the word and asks you to guess it, it
> is very simple but for some reason it only works when it's in idle. Here
> is the script.

> import random
[...]
> input("\n\nPress the enter key to exit.")

> Also I am using the most recently updated version of python33. Thank you

You don't tell us the error message. If you get a NameError after entering
your guess you may be a Windows user and have Python2.7 or similar installed
in parallel. Try adding

#! python3

as the first line of your script to inform the launcher about the Python
version you wish to use. See also

http://docs.python.org/3.3/using/windows.html#python-launcher-for-windows