[Tutor] What all technologies should a python developer know?

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 23:09:55 CEST 2013

On 17 July 2013 13:00, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

>> Also do you think it is still of value to learn Assembly
>> Language, and if so which variant, as I understand it, there is a
>> unique set for each architecture, although they are usually similiar.

A86 assembler, for Intel x86, has a wonderful macro language. You can
practically write a higher-level language with it, but I don't know if
it supports windows beyond XP, since it was only updated that far.
Also, the D86 dynamic disassembler lets you run through active code.
But you'd have to write the author to see if it works on later stuff
than XP-based machines. I haven't used it in thirty years.

www.eji.com

--
Jim

"Yea, I say unto you, listen not to fat gasbags, for the poor, too,
are deserving of a good life. When they bring unto you their
Government Cheese, do thou render unto them a trade in beer and
cigarettes." --Jesus the Christ